Born on 03 Oct 1978, Muniraju got flair towards social service at the tender age of 14 years. During that age he happened to read biography of Chandrashekar Azad, Ajeya, which made him to always think of motherland India. Having such a love towards nation, he became a swayam sewak at RSS. Later during college days he was active in NCC where he was awarded gold medal in shooting. At same time he understood that to bring in change, an individual will have to be a very active participant in democracy and politics. Since then he has been an active member of BJP and worked at party with varied responsibilities.
Responsibilities at BJP
Muniraju has served the party at various capacities:
- Secretary, BJP Karnataka state (2016 – Present)
- President , BJP Yuva Morcha Karnataka state (2013 – 2016)
- Vice President, BJP Yuva Morcha, Karnataka state (2009-2012)
- BJP Yuva Morcha, General Secretary, Bangalore city district
Achievements and participation
Muniraju was appointed as state president of BJP Yuva Morcha, Karnataka in the year 2013. Since then he has been working towards engaging large number of youths in active polity.
- First to introduce cells in state Yuva Morcha team. He constituted, Social Media, Media, Yuva Chintan and Prashikshana cells.
- Travelled every district of the state to activate District Yuva Morcha teams.
- Was instrumental in getting educated and professional youths involved during elections through Campus ambassador and Yuva Mitra Milan programmee. These programmees were instrumental garnering matured volunteers for the party during the elections.
- Have organized Yuva Chintana programmees across state by inviting eminent speakers to kindle the spark of patriotism in youth.
- Muniraju was the youngest candidate in Karnataka to contest the parliamentary elections in 2014 elections.
- Gorata martyrs memorial is being built under the leadership and supervision of Muniraju. The bhoomi pooja was performed by BJP National President Shri. Amit Shah.
- Districts surrounding Bengaluru is suffering from acute shortage of drinking water. These districts is projected to house future CBD’s. Foreseeing the need for immediate action to solve the water crisis in these areas Muniraju started a padayatra from Chikkaballapur to Bengaluru. Self motivated civilians joined the hands of Muniraju forming a crowd of 5000+ people. Looking at the popularity of the padayatra, state government ambushed the padayatra.
- Being inspired by Shri. Narendra Modi’s call for Swachha Bharat and understanding the gravity of narcotics supply situation in Karnataka, Muniraju, along with his team took out a Ratha yatra from Belgavi to Mysuru covering 14 districts and covered 1153 KMS with a theme,
Adiction Mukth Karnataka
Along with the theme said, Swami Vivekananda messages were spread across the youths. The rathyatra led by Muniraju, was overwhelmingly welcomed by youths across state.
While Bengaluru was growing towards peak Muniraju realized the need for organization that would provide “Best in class” concrete solutions. Thus he started Tulasi concretes. Muniraju, hailing from an agricultural family, he is a first generation businessman. He started Tulasi concretes from scratch and today the organization has created direct and indirect employment opportunities for over 1000 youths. Today Tulasi concretes stands as one of the top most concreting company in Bengaluru. He believes that creating financially strong youths would contribute socio economic development of individual and the nation.
Muniraju being inspired by heroes like Chandrashekar Azad, Swami Vivekananda and many others had always dreamt of contributing to the nation. Having traveled across state, he had witnessed the education system at rural parts with close quarters. He had realized the need for encouraging meritorious students. Also he understood the need of imbibing moral values in students mind for their better living. To fulfill his realizations, Muniraju started an Organization called “Vivekananda Yuva Vedike”.
Activities of Vivekananda Yuva Vedike
- Felicitation to high scorers of 10 and 12th students. The felicitation is done in a grand event to encourage the students to continue their saga of being toppers. The sense of pride is sown in the young minds to continue their achievements.
- Programmees are conducted in schools and auditoriums to imbibe moral values in students. Eminent speakers deliver the lecture.
- Organized Jago Barath programmee to strike the light of patriotism in youths. 1000s of youths attended and they were attracted towards patriotic thoughts.
- During Swami Vivekananda 150th birth anniversary, Muniraju in association with couple of schools, propagated Messages of Vivekananda. Children were educated about Swami. More than one lakh biographical books of Swami Vivekananda was distributed to children.
- Free tuitions are being conducted for school children to ensure the best turnout of their academics.
Experience as President, BJYM Karnataka
- Toured all 36 Organizational districts.
- Contested Parliament election from Bengaluru Rural constituency
- Attended Varga – Mandal, District, State & National.
- President, Gorata Hutatmara smaraka nirmana samiti (Martyrs memorial development)
- Shashwatha Neerigagi horata – Padayatra – Demanding to resolve water crisis in Bengaluru rural areas
- Yuva Chaitanya Yatre – Rathayatra – From Belagavi to Mysuru with a call for action of Swachha Bharat, Narcotics free Karnataka and spreading messages of Swami Vivekananda. The rathayatre travelled for 1153 KMs covering 14 districts
- Protests against Karnataka state government to drop corrupt and inefficient ministers
- Management committee member – Dhyeya Kamala magazine
- Over 100 Bike rally, torch light marches
Experience as Vice President, BJYM Karnataka
- “Jana Chetana Yatra” prabhandhak lead by Sri L.K Advaniji, Ex Deputy Prime Minister 40 days, 21 states, 12,000 kms across India.
- Yuva Morcha – “RASHTRIYA SURAKSHA YATHRE”
- Tiranga Yatre – Kashmir Chalo
- Jana Sangarsha Andolana – Padayatre
- Election Incharges – Local Bodies, State Elections.
- Contested BBMP elections
Experience as General Secretary, BJYM Bangalore City district
- Building Youths organizationally across 14 mandals
- Organize and monitor mandal meetings
- Founder president – Vivekananda Yuva Vedike – An organization to encourage education, build morale amongst youth.
Experience as a NCC Cadet
- Services as “Senior Under Officer”
- Attended Basic Leadership Camp (BLC), 1998-1999
- Recognized as “Best Cadet”
- Recognized as “Best turnout”
- Gold medalist in Shooting